PDA

View Full Version : green finch

sten-ĺke nilsson
01-20-2009, 04:03 PM
canon 500 4L is & canon 1d mkIII c&c are welcome

John Chardine
01-20-2009, 04:36 PM
You have difficult lighting here but dealt with it well. I like the perch and the BG and the image is nice and sharp. If you were inclined, you could make the image much more elegant by removing the OOF branches, just leaving the in-focus ones. Maybe a little room off the bottom would work. The main issue is the head angle. With the bird looking away from you, the interest of the subject is significantly diminished. Do you have any with the bird's head rotated counter-clockwise?

Tony Whitehead
01-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Nice perch and BG. Semi sidelighting and head angle not ideal but sharpness on the eye. I would patch out the OOF elements and just leave the bird and it's perch. With a better head angle this would work well.

Daniel Cadieux
01-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Good job by John an Tony basically covering everything I had in mind :-) I'll just add that some off the top would be good. Hope you have some with a better head angle as it is simply just turned away way too much (should be at the very least parallel to us). Great job on exposure and sharpness!

Robert Amoruso
01-20-2009, 08:47 PM
I like the strong side-lighting here. A bit of fill-flash could have filled in the shadows on the back and rump.

I would agree with the other comments on the OOF elements being cloned and crop at top. Head turn towards you would be the icing on the cake.

Juan Aragonés
01-21-2009, 10:34 AM
I like the sharpness of the greenfinch and the nice and creamy BG. I would keep only the two branches that are in focus and cloe out the others. Too much space at the top but the main issue is the less than ideal head turn and the strong shadows in the bird. You can try to apply some H/S filter selectively to the shadows. Keep them coming!

sten-ĺke nilsson
01-24-2009, 10:48 AM
thanks everybody for your c&c very helpful, and i dont have another photo with another angle on the birds head. regards sten.