PDA

View Full Version : For James Shadle

David Powell
01-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Great day aboard the Hooptie Deux With James, Doug and Jim N. As promised, my first post on BPN.

Nikon D300, 200-400 @ 400, f6.3, 1/2000, ISO 400, manual exposure, no flash, hand held.

Jim Poor
01-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Welcome aboard!

Nice pose, composition and exposure. The food is a great bonus.

If I were to get really picky, I'd say I'd like to see the bird a touch higher in the frame, and perhaps a hair to the right.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-20-2009, 05:49 PM
I like the eye contact, details and the fish adds to it. The wing position is not ideal but the fanned tail is great. Keep them coming!

Philip Pietri
01-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Sweet first post! Nice sharp head and I don't mind the pose - I do agree with Jim on having the subject a bit higher in the frame. I hope to get some nice Osprey shots after work tomorrow...hopefully I will have as good of an opportunity as you had here ;)

Looking forward to seeing more!

Doug Brown
01-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Welcome to BPN David! It's about time! Although the wing position isn't perfect, the great eye contact, headless fish, and bloody talon more than make up for it. Look forward to seeing more of your images on the Avian forum!

James Shadle
01-20-2009, 11:42 PM
David,
Welcome to BPN and I see you are a man of your word:).
The issues have been covered.
I just want to add that the head turn made this image. If you look at his body, he wants to go right.
If I remember correctly, the Osprey made his jump into the wind and started his turn away.
I'm figuring that this and maybe one more frame would have a decent head angle.

Nice job on the exposure and contrast, considering how early in the afternoon this was.

Welcome again,
James