PDA

View Full Version : GCG with chick

Krijn Trimbos
01-20-2009, 03:01 PM
An oldy but IMO a goody......Spend a couple of days with these beauties in a ditch. At some point they became so accostumed to our presence that they would swim around us with their chick on their back while we were standing in the water. This is one of those shots, taken in very late afternoon light. I had to crop off the reflection as there were some water plants in the foreground showing in the photo as large blue blobs after leveling the shot for the very warm light, well you can't have everything......;)

Hope you like it,

Canon EOS 350D 1/320 f7.1 Manual
ISO 200
Canon 100-400 L IS USM
Handheld
Focal length 340mm

Axel Hildebrandt
01-20-2009, 04:27 PM
I like this a lot! Great light, details, angle, setting but the chick puts it over the top for me. Maybe a bit more space in front and a tad CCW rotation?

Juan Carlos Vindas
01-20-2009, 05:37 PM
I like this a lot! Great light, details, angle, setting but the chick puts it over the top for me. Maybe a bit more space in front and a tad CCW rotation?

I also find this image very good, with good light and great subjects. I tried some of the mentioned-above in PS.:)

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-20-2009, 06:50 PM
What a fabulous image! So sweet. Could be my monitor but the face seems a little hot? PErhaps not and I probably would not worry, as all other elements are far more than compensating for any small nitpick. :) Well done mate.

Maxis Gamez
01-20-2009, 10:19 PM
This is wonderfull. Lovely setting and clean BG.

James Shadle
01-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Wonderful image, capturing a beautiful specimen, background and behavior.
I wouldn't mind a little more room in front, but it is not a deal breaker.
Beautiful!

James

Juan Aragonés
01-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Oldie but very good Krijn. The light is to die for and the sharpness fantastic. Theintense green Bg is superb and love the fact that both birds have a neat eye contact. Very well done!

Sid Garige
01-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Killer image. Wondrful background and subject