PDA

View Full Version : .....

Meint Sijp
01-20-2009, 10:24 AM
This image is copyrighted material, and is watermarked! Unauthorized use or reproduction for any reason is prohibited

I took this shot in Katmai, AK sept 2008
I just made the mistake of playing with the camera and forgot about the shotter speed :( But it still like it.
Canon 1D MRK III
ISO 800
1/40
F/6.3
@220mm 1-400mm L IS
Thanks for looking....

Robert Amoruso
01-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Meint,

When I first started looking at this I thought I was in the landscape forum. I like the rocks and the diagonal line there form. I light the red plants onthe rocks adding drama to an otherwise monotone green look. I was going to say crop out some of the water at the bottom.

I then realized the bear was present and I think what may be a problem is his placement near the rocks dwarfs him too much. If he was about 10 feet out in the water, I feel that would have improved the composition.

Ed Cordes
01-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Kind of a different perspective. I like the concept. I agree that if the bear were a bit away from the rocks it would be more effective. Now just go over there and make him pose!! RE the image I wonder if a bit more adjustment in levels or curves will add a bit ore contrast and saturation? I believe it would help.

Steve Canuel
01-20-2009, 10:05 PM
I agree with the previous posts. Having the bear in the shadowed portion of water right about where the fuzz line starts (just in front of the light green, three dot mark) would work for me.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Meint,
I also initially thought that this one was a landscape shot but later found the bear. The eye is drawn towards the green grass and red vegetation. I would have liked the bear ahead of the the rock and the rock forming the background. Now the rock is closer to the image plane than the bear.

This image would look good when printed big. I hope the bear is sharp enough, as I am unable to judge from the small image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Meint Sijp
01-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the comments, know my reply is a little lat ;)
I have another photo where the bear is gotten out of the water but is i smore blured aparently so i used this one instead.
But i will agree it would look better the other way.