PDA

View Full Version : Dania Beach HDR Sunset

Michael Pancier
01-19-2009, 10:14 PM
shot this evening. The pier faces east, but I got some nice reflective light from the sunset. A three image HDR
-2, 0, +2

I brought along my conch shell as a foreground anchor ....:D

5d Mark II
24-105L
polarizer
ISO 100
f/18

processed in photomatix pro; adjustments in lightroom 2.2 and final editing in PS CS 4.

Dan Brown
01-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Very nice! The shell and the beach exp are where the HDR really shines IMO:) Did you let Photomatix do the work automatically?

Michael Pancier
01-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Dan I have my preset setting on photomatix and then I tweak either the strength, saturation, white or black point depending on how the initial image comes out. I upped the black point on this image as well as saturation.

Dave Mills
01-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Michael....I love this comp. From the LL of the pier to the lighting on the pier and sky. I even like the way you timed the water flow to just come up to the conch shell. Beautiful!!!

denise ippolito
01-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Michael, The water is gorgeous-colors are great!! I like the composition very much!

Rene Quenneville
01-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Beautiful tone and composition. The shell does not do it for me. It looks way too fake. With the beauty of the wave, I am not sure there is a need for another anchor point.

Robert Amoruso
01-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Michael,

I think the FG wave action and pattern makes for an interesting FG so like Rene, the shell makes it look like a postcard. My view on this is if you can get a nice pattern, reflection, colors, texture or whatever in the FG on these types of images, that is generally enough. I think you had it to a "T" here w/o the shell. Nice work on the HDR.

Roman Kurywczak
01-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Hey Michael,
I like this one a lot too for all the reasons covered above but I am also in the shell may be a bit over the top. Doesn't ruin the image but would have preferred the image without it.

Rich Ikerd
01-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Great HDR image Michael. Shell looks a little contrived, but doesn't detract too terribly much. Great colors in both the pier and the water.

Harold Davis
01-24-2009, 08:19 PM
love the icy looking water, michael!! awesome compo and the colors rock!!!!