PDA

View Full Version : Mangrove Moonset

Paul Marcellini
01-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Sunrise yesterday didn't look too promising but the sun broke through eventually. I was hoping for a bit more color to the clouds but I think the textures make up for it. A simple comp but due to the early hour, freezing water and temps(60's:)) I wasn't at 100%.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

50d, 10-22@10mm f6.3 iso200 2 stop soft gnd blend of 1/7 and 1/2s

In case you are wondering about the settings, it was a bit breezy and I wanted a faster shutter speed for the lulls. I focus bracketed along with exposure bracketing.

Dave Mills
01-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Hey Paul....Interesting, simple and strong comp. The sky is great with nice, soft light.

Robert Amoruso
01-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Nice work on the focus bracketing. Are you using the new merge process in CS4?

I like the cloud texture and the mangrove against it but I am a bit bothered by the BG mangroves merging in a line with the FG mangrove - green against green. It is not a big deal but perhaps another vantage point. Guessing the conditions there made it difficult to get really low.

Roman Kurywczak
01-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Hey Paul,
cold in the 60's??? You definitely are a S Florida guy........the high was 24 today.......practically a heat wave. You wouln't be wearing those flip flops here! I see what Robert is refering to.......but IMO a simple burn of that mangrove line would probably mage the main focal mangrove pop even more. Cloud texture is great........not sure about moon as you know I am not the biggest fan of the small moons due to WA lens........but not that big of a deal.........as the rest is very strong. Nicely done as usual.......but I need to get you out into some colder climates and expand your horizons!
BTW....did you get a chance to see my pic of you chimping in F&F.

Paul Marcellini
01-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Roman my feet were freezing in the water. When I was tougher and living in Nashville, I wore my flip flops down to 30. I just saw the chimping pic, I hoped it had been corrupted on your card. At least you got my best side. =)

Rich Ikerd
01-22-2009, 04:05 PM
A simple composition that is nicely done Paul. The clouds really, really add a lot, even without the super coloring of a sunrise. And 60 is cold out in the marshes.:)