PDA

View Full Version : On Golden Pond

Mike Moats
01-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Here's some fall color reflecting in a small pond full of leaves. Not sure if this works for me as it seems a little cluttered, what da ya think. I actually had to desaturate this because the yellow reflection was so intense it looked fake.

Fuji S5, Sigma 180, Tripod, Natural Light, F/32

Dave Mills
01-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Beautiful Mike...Looks somewhat like amber in water. Nice eye on this one.

Julie Kenward
01-19-2009, 07:43 PM
I must be insane telling Mike Moats that I think his image is a little "muddy" but it feels that way on my monitor. I had to give it a whirl so I bumped down the gamma and upped the offset just a tiny bit in the exposure adjustment sliders and this is what I came up with.

Mike Moats
01-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Hey Jules, I backed off on the color as it just seemed so oversaturated out of the camera and when backing off it seemed to as you mention looked muddy. Your tweaking help put back some color without making it crazy. Thanks.

denise ippolito
01-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Mike, I like the orig. I think it has enough color-don't go by me I like things natural and on the rough side.

Ed Vatza
01-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Am I allowed to like both? :D Either way I think it is an excellent abstract image. The colors look good on both when viewed in isolation. Side by side, I guess I would go with the color in Julie's version. I know I keep saying this but the stuff you see when out in the field just amazes me to no end! Great job.