PDA

View Full Version : Bosque Crane Pool Reflection

Marina Scarr
01-18-2009, 09:09 PM
This was shot at the second Bosque Crane pool after they had all flown off in the early morning. Just loved the reflection of the mountains and my favorite tree.

Canon 40D, Canon 24-105L IS @ 47mm
F11, 1/200, ISO 400, polarizer, manual mode
tripod mounted, full frame

C & C welcome and always appreciated,

Marina

Roman Kurywczak
01-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Hi Marina,
Know the area well and this is one of my favorite trees. I will say something that people will think is crazy.....but all that have been there....including yourself will probably realize this......your exposure is right on and the comp is ok with the tree placed nicely but I would prefer less of a mirror image......now for the craziness....I have been there and while alll the Cranes are in the pool.....it wouldn't look that way......but the much earlier light.........seperates the tree better from the distant BG.......so you are caught in the catch 22.........earlier......better seperation on the tree......but 100's of cranes........somewhat later........cranes gone but less tree seperation......as is I would try and ligten or darken just the tree......to make it seperate more.

Robert Amoruso
01-19-2009, 06:51 AM
Marina,

Roman brings up some good points on the separation that can be explored. Also try walking left to get the tree out from the mountain and more with the sky BG could help.

The exposure and look of fall is wonderful.

david cramer
01-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Lovely colors and a nice composition. It's not often you can catch that pool so smooth. In this image, I'd suggest darkening the bg mountains and leave the tree bright.

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Great postcard kind of an image! :) I believe there should be more emphasis on the tree and perhaps darker foliage at a different time of the year would make the scene stronger overall. I don't know the spot at all, but can envisage what the folks commenting are talking about. It still is wonderful and the colors are great, wish we had fall like that in Oz.