PDA

View Full Version : Just an Autumn Day

Art Kornienko
01-18-2009, 12:18 PM
30D, 17-40 @ 17, F8, ISO 250, 1/30 sec. on triopod.

Rene Quenneville
01-18-2009, 01:35 PM
beautiful picture.Rich colors and nice composition. You could clone out (remove in Photoshop) the light post.

Roman Kurywczak
01-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi Art,
As Rene said......you have captured some wonderful colors and the path.......framed nicely by the trees......acts as a nice leading line guiding me through the image. I would have to agree about the lamp post.......if you are OK with such things.......getting rid of it is the way to go. I may also work on some of the sky areas........but if you aren't comfortable with that......a crop off the top of the 4 main ones seems to achieve the same result.
Still.......Nicely composed overall.

Robert Amoruso
01-19-2009, 06:47 AM
Art,

I don't have much to add to the above. Agree with removing the lamppost if you are OK with doing that. I like the saturation of the colors. One of the better fall foliage scenes that has been posted. Well composed to with pleasing lines. One thing I might suggest. On the left above where the second from the bottom branch of the big tree goes out of frame is a smaller vertical branch that catches my eye. I would clone that one.

David Kennedy
01-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi, Art,
I just thought I would mention that if you had moved your camera a couple feet to the left, that would have pushed the lamp post to the right, so that it wasn't overlapping with the tree it is presently superimposed upon. I believe that is the reason you're finding so many suggestions to get rid of it--not because it is an "unnatural element," (it's a park--how could it be unnatural!).

Cheers,
David

Rich Ikerd
01-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Very nice image Art (love the soft colors of the leaves). I agree with David about the lamp post - including it is a natural thing to do in an image like this. But moving to a spot more to the right would both avoid the merging of the lamppost with the tree and put the path on a little more of a diagonal.