Canon 5D
100 mm f/2.8 macro
ISO 400
1/3 sec. at f/8.0
HH
incandescent light

Julie Kenward
01-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Denise, I like the curve of the leaf and the way the drop of water rests in the crook. I think the image needs more color to the leaf and less of a color cast in the BG. I also think it could use ore DOF / sharpness - especially to the main drop of water. When drops of water are this pronounced in an image I generally like to be able to see right through them (at least the ones in the FG) but that's not the case here.

Lighten/brighten/sharpen would be my suggestion.

Anita Bower
01-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Denise: I like what you are trying to do here. I like the curve of the leaf, the water droplets, the simple background. I think having more of the image in focus would help. As it is, there isn't quite enough for my eye to settle on. I encourage you to keep experimenting and to post some of the images you come up with. (Unless you took this in the summer and can't go back now.)

denise ippolito
01-18-2009, 03:45 PM
I shot it yesterday,it was hanging from the vase I was shooting flowers from-it caught my eye.I'll keep trying.Thanks for the tips.

Mike Moats
01-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Hey Denise, I really like, and give you credit for trying a different comp like this, for me it doesn't have enough to hold my attention, but many times as we try new and different veiws they don't always fit the norm and are not always accepted as well. Keep em coming, as I'm always interested in seeing new views.