PDA

View Full Version : View of Moran

John Blumenkamp
01-18-2009, 12:21 AM
I made this image this past fall while taking a stroll along the Snake River one morning... I was trying to look at Mount Moran in somewhat of a different perspective than the usual.

40D w/ 70-200 f/4 IS @ 127mm
1/60 f/8 iso100 w/tripod

Comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking,
John

Roman Kurywczak
01-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Hey John,
Well.....you got the unusual angle and I really like the balance of Mt. Moran and the fall trees. The almost ever present haze/smoke isn't my favorite as it isn't that prominant/nice.....so you may want to get rid of it with either a bit more levels adj. or a multiplied layer on it.....but that is a very personal taste thing...so as presented......very nicely done compositionally of an often photographed subject.

Robert Amoruso
01-19-2009, 06:44 AM
Composition works well John in vertical due to the shape of the mountain. You balanced it will with the tall tree at the left. A local contrast enhancement (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20434) can also be used to cut through the haze.

David Kennedy
01-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Hi, John,
I might add that either more water at the base of your image, or a crop to eliminate the sliver of the lake that you have, would be a marked improvement to the composition.
Cheers,
David

Rich Ikerd
01-19-2009, 04:51 PM
All of the above John, but I really like the overall composition. Definitely something different than normally seen.