PDA

View Full Version : Lifer

Dominic Cantin
01-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Hi to all :)

Here's a lifer photographed last thursday at Quebec city , Canada. The NHO was not scared by my presence and sometimes he landed on 10' tree , nearly at eye level ! I was able to aproach him at ~20' ( btw , is there a way to know the exact distance with the exif taken in the lens ? )

For the BG , I let the white tree there because I'm not able to remove it :o and for the composition , I croped only a part of the right side because the NHO was near the center.

http://www.pbase.com/dominiccantin/image/108243086.jpg
Date/Time 15-Jan-2009 14:21:03
Model Canon EOS 40D
Flash Used No
Focal Length 400 mm f5.6 L
Exposure Time 1/400 sec ( handheld )
Aperture f/8
ISO Equivalent 200
Exposure Bias -2/3

Have a nice day :cool:

Dom :)

Paul Lagasi
01-18-2009, 12:46 AM
Tres bonne capture Dominic...il est très dur de trouver ces oiseaux à hauteur des yeux, contact d'oeil agréable, Et toujours un plaisir pour voir et prendre des photos d'un nouvel oiseau...personnellement j'éclaircirais cette image un peu mais j'utilise un vieil ordinateur au travail tonite ... peut-être cet moniteur.

Very nice capture, Dominic...it is very hard to find these birds at eye level, nice eye contact, Its alway a pleasure to see and photograph a new life bird...personally I would lighten up this image a bit but I am using an old computer at work tonite...so could just be this monitor..Paul

Axel Hildebrandt
01-18-2009, 08:31 AM
Congratulations on the find, I like the details, eye contact and angle and would consider a vertical crop. Could you have moved to your left to have more of the plumage sunlit? The parts of the plumage in the shadow look a bit blueish, I would try remove this cast and might blur the BG more.

Doug Brown
01-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Congrats on getting a lifer! I agree with Axel's suggestions, in particular the vertical crop.