PDA

View Full Version : Inner Beauty

Art Kornienko
01-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Can't find my orignal settings for this one.

Ed Vatza
01-18-2009, 05:53 AM
Good Morning Art,

I'm a sucker for orange so this really caught my eye. I really like the sharpness of the components (stamens, etc) of the flower's center and the softness of the background petals. Would you happen to remember what kind of flower this is?

denise ippolito
01-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Art ,This is beautiful, Details are great,composition is wonderful.Is it a Poppy?

Art Kornienko
01-18-2009, 11:41 AM
To Denise and Ed, I'm pretty sure it was some sort of Poppy, taken at the Central Experimental Farm in the arboretum. It was a fairly large poppy.

Jerry van Dijk
01-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi Art, wonderful image! I think the postion of the reproductive plant parts in the frame really make the image.

Julie Kenward
01-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Art, I really like the color combination of orange and purple and you did an excellent job on the composition. I think you placed the stamen area in just the right location. I also love the sweeping tones of orange to the right side of the poppy petals but the ones that are shorter in the frame kind of distract my eye. I find myself wanting all the petals to sweep out to the edge so I tried to put this in PS and apply the liquify filter to it but the border around the image won't let me do that. It's something worth thinking about - trying to draw those shorter petals into more of a sweeping motion - but then that is probably just my personal standpoint. Thought I'd toss the idea out there, though...

Anita Bower
01-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Art: Lovely image and composition and colors. (I must grow poppies this year!) I'd like the colors to pop just a tad more.

Aristotle Georgiou
01-19-2009, 04:00 AM
Beautiful image Art!

I love it as is.