PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota FL, Celery Fields, Saturday 17th 5pm

William Littler
01-17-2009, 08:24 PM
This Sand hill Crane was taken this using a D3 and a 200-400 F4 VR with 1.4 extender. Exposure was 1/1250sec at F/5.6, ISO 800 AWB auto. Focal length 420mm.

Only four cranes showed up and this one of the first group of two. The light was very good at this time.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Sorry, will post again when time allows!

William, you can edit your original post and attach the image.

William Littler
01-17-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks for help, Axel

Bill Foxworthy
01-18-2009, 04:25 AM
Nice to see you again William. We seem to pop up in the same location. This first group was beautiful to see and a joy to photograph. I will try to work up one later. I missed this shot because of the 1.4 extender. My first time there so a little learning was in store for me. The shadows got this one but still a fine in shot.
Bill

Jean Clark
01-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Nice capture, they were very scarce last night. I like the flight shots best and the wings turned toward the shooter. We did not get cranes last night, we went to the other pond as they had been landing pretty heavy there the past couple of evenings, none came in there and we saw that only 4 landed where you took this.
Again nice comp.
Jean

William Littler
01-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Nice to see you again William. We seem to pop up in the same location. This first group was beautiful to see and a joy to photograph. I will try to work up one later. I missed this shot because of the 1.4 extender. My first time there so a little learning was in store for me. The shadows got this one but still a fine in shot.
Bill

Thanks Bill, hopefully this is not the last for the time being, they have been a good source of material for a while.

William

William Littler
01-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Nice capture, they were very scarce last night. I like the flight shots best and the wings turned toward the shooter. We did not get cranes last night, we went to the other pond as they had been landing pretty heavy there the past couple of evenings, none came in there and we saw that only 4 landed where you took this.
Again nice comp.
Jean

Thank you Jean, originally I thought it had not been much of a show, but this one made up for that.