PDA

View Full Version : beauty in blue

Rene Quenneville
01-16-2009, 07:38 PM
I like this picture. The color is striking and it is sharp. I did use f/4 in order to completely blur the background. Is the lack of depth of field on the back flowers an issue?
Sigma 150mm macro
Iso 400
1/400s f/4
fill flash off camera

Julie Kenward
01-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Is the lack of depth of field on the back flowers an issue?

Not for me! You have so many of them in varying degrees of focus that my eye naturally goes to the front (in focus) flowers and then travels back to the more OOF ones. It looks totally natural to me - and the blues against the greens are gorgeous. Beautifully composed, Rene. I see why you love this image!

denise ippolito
01-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Rene, I think it's lovely, the blues are gorgeous and your DOF works for me!

Ed Vatza
01-18-2009, 05:38 AM
I think the spray of flowers looks great, Rene. If anything, there seems to be a bit too much going on in the background that distracts me a bit. I would like to see that more oof. The leaves on the right almost looks to be of two varieties. Then there is are the buds on the left. That stuff is pulling my eye from the beautiful flowers.

Art Kornienko
01-18-2009, 12:27 PM
I like the dof, it gives the shot an almost 3d effect. The colours and lighting are very good, but the leaf in the upper right corner really intrudes into the main subject and I would have tried to so something with that.