PDA

View Full Version : Macro Falls

Mike Moats
01-16-2009, 07:52 AM
This was shot in a gorge of the finger lakes area in upstate New York.

Fuji S5 Pro, Sigma 180, Tripod, Natural Light, F/32, 2sec.

Jerry van Dijk
01-17-2009, 03:52 AM
This is just great Mike! A true miniature landscape. If it wasn't for the hint in the text, I would have thought I was looking at something big! For reference: what size are we looking at?
I like your classic use of long shutter speed to blur the moving water. I'm surprised it works equally well in a close up! Excellent detail, nice colors, great mood and good composition using the diagonal of the falls.

Julie Kenward
01-17-2009, 08:31 AM
I would love to know how close you were as well. I'm guessing a foot or two? This has beautiful detail and I also love the blur of the water with a macro lens...wonderful!

denise ippolito
01-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Mike, It looks miniature!! Neat- I love the waterfall cutting across in a diagonal-well thought out

Mike Moats
01-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey All, it looks small but it was about five feet accross and shot at about 10 feet away.

Ed Vatza
01-18-2009, 05:25 AM
Good eye as always, Mike. You always have a knack for seeing things that others of us would miss even though it is right in front of our eyes. Nice job with the slow shutter speed and blur. Looks like Niagara... OK I'm exaggerating. But very cool.