PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile Greater Flamingo

David Steele
01-21-2008, 11:14 AM
This young bird was photographed in the Wasit Nature Reserve in Sharjah in the UAE. Although not as colourful as an adult in breeding plumage, it was quite confiding and I liked the reflection.

Camera: Canon 1Ds Mk II
Lens: Canon EF 400 mm 1:5.6 L with a 1.4x teleconverter.
1/500 sec, f11, ISO 250.

Sid Garige
01-21-2008, 11:41 AM
David,

I like this image. twigs in the background kind of distracted me here. Also the reflection is so nice, if you can balance the subject and reflection it would have been even better according to my opinion.

Like Arite says, if your ethics permits clone the twigs in the background and extend canvas to balance the image.

-Sid

Jody Melanson
01-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Nice reflection. The image is a little off kilter. If you use the ruler in photoshop, just start at the eye and draw to the eye in the reflection to see what I mean.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-21-2008, 07:55 PM
I like the light, mood and reflection. The twigs don't bother me but you could easily clone them out. I agree with Jody, it needs a bit CW rotation.

John Cooper
01-22-2008, 01:40 AM
Yes David, I also like the reflection which really makes this image work so well. Lovely sharp detail in bird and the spindly plants and their reflection behind the subject, I feel, add to the composition. I like it as is!!!

David Steele
01-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Many thanks for taking the time for your comments which are all very much appreciated. I must agree that a little rotation is required but feel the twigs (and their individual reflections) do lift the image.