PDA

View Full Version : Vistas From Yellowstone

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Taken not long after we entered the park. It was so beautiful to see during the winter months and to see the steam rising from the rivers and the backlit trees.

Nikon D300
Nikon 24 to 120mm
ISO 400
1/640, F 7.1

All comments are appreciated.

Ed Cordes
01-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Strong graphic quality to this image. I like the back lit trees. I might consider croping a bit from the top.

Rich Ikerd
01-16-2009, 05:38 PM
I really like the backlight approach here Judy. The rays give an other-worldly look to the image. I agree with Ed about cropping some from the top, since the sky really doesn't add too much to the overall image.

Robert Amoruso
01-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Very cool Judy. I recall Dale posting one similar too. I like this comp with the clean edges and trees at a diagonal and I think you included just the right amount of sky to to capture the affect of the sunburst and steam as it gives way to the blue.

Roman Kurywczak
01-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Hi Judy Lynn,
....to add to the above....I like the balance of the 2 larger trees with the smaller one and snow/ice covered rocks on the right. I also find the sun placement perfect in the frame. I looked at the crop suggestions for a while and while it is my favorite tool......I would not crop off the top as the circular pattern you have just emphasizes the sun for me and forms a nice framing element.
Very nicely done!

geothomas
01-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Very nice. My favorite winter place. The lone post on the side of the road in the bg takes away a little from the "naturalness" of the shot, but still quite fine.