PDA

View Full Version : White Trillium

Jared Lloyd
01-15-2009, 12:40 PM
White Trillium, Trillium grandiflorum

Photographed off the side of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Jared

Julie Kenward
01-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Lovely b&w image, Jared! I really like your composition here. You've got your main focus right where it needs to be - at the center of the plant/stamen. I do find myself wishing there was a little bit more DOF on the front leaf instead of the back ones.

Also, please see the top sticky post on the macro main page. It tells you what statistics we need for you to enclose with each photo so we can better critique the image. Let me know if you have any questions!

denise ippolito
01-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Neat! Has a real artistic look to it. Like the B&W and think your composition is lovely.

Aristotle Georgiou
01-16-2009, 01:25 AM
Nice shot!

B&W works well here and nice lighting. This would also look nice as a horizontal

Grady Weed
01-16-2009, 11:41 AM
I like the concept you have here. For me it needs a lot more dof to make it all happen. Just my opinion.

Bruce Murden
01-16-2009, 11:35 PM
I love the lighting and your GS conversion here - the tones are excellent. I agree with the distraction of the OOF leaf coming toward the camera, and would also like a little separation between the (green) leaf on the right side and the frame. Overall a good image, and I'd like to see more of your B&W's!

Anita Bower
01-17-2009, 08:03 AM
I especially like the curves and lines of this image. Very strong and pleasing. The black and white version works really well. Good composition! In and ideal world, the petal would be more in focus. Good job. And to tell us more about the settings in the future.