PDA

View Full Version : Pelican #2

Lorant Voros
01-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks for all the comments for my first post on this forum. Here is another shot of the same series. It is a minor crop as well, but the light touches the pelican's body a bit more. Let me know what you think.

Same settings as the first post, since it was taken a few seconds later.

Thanks.

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-14-2009, 11:58 PM
This one has wonderful light illuminating your pelican. If I had to be picky, that ripple reflecting on the wing is a bit off for me at least, but does not mean the image is not great. Those things you cannot control - well I don't think I would be able to. If anything really, perhaps it is a little too centered. But somehow it still grabs me and I say I like it! :)

Kösz, hogy bemutattad! ;)

Tony Whitehead
01-15-2009, 03:17 AM
Welcome Lorant. Great first post. The light, eye contact and flaming hairstyle are superb. I think this needs a shade of CW rotation and I would crop into a squarish format to eliminate the green above and some of the foreground. I have tried a quick version and opened the shadows a little with Shadows/Highlights and removed the 2 bright reflections in the BG. How does this look to you? Looking forward to more of your images.

Lorant Voros
01-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Looks nice. Of course I am a bit old school...used to the format 4x6 or equivalent. Thanks for the advice.