PDA

View Full Version : Sanibel/Little Estero Update

Filemon Lopez
01-14-2009, 09:10 PM
I am planning on heading to SW Florida this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any updates on the activity in these areas. Any tips about the best areas with activity will be appreciated as well. Filemon

Joe Campanellie
01-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Hope it's good...headed therE next week. Was going to stay at the Holiday Inn but my wife snagged a condo for A WEEK FOR $300. Can't beat that...!

Adams Serra
01-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Hi Filemon,
Estero lagoon is my favorite place to go, but we have a cold front coming through and i don't think its going to be comfortable to get wet and muddy with the weather in the low 40s. I would go to Sanibel or the Venice Rookery.

Adams

Filemon Lopez
01-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Adams, do you know how the activity is at Ding Darling?

Adams Serra
01-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Hi Filemon,
At Ding Darling you never know what you going to get, it will be dead one day and have a feeding frenzy the next.

Adams

Judd Patterson
01-20-2009, 02:26 PM
I enjoyed an extra long weekend and just got back after spending the morning at Little Estero Lagoon. It was cold and extremely windy (big waves out in the Gulf!) but I still managed at least a couple keepers of the many sandpipers and plovers. I didn't spot a Red Knot this morning, but I've seen them this year along the beach. Just prepare to get wet, sandy, and muddy and you can do well at the beach. Hope your weekend was successful
Filemon (and your week Joe).