PDA

View Full Version : The Old Ghost Town In Cody

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-14-2009, 12:58 PM
This was such a great place to visit especially on a cold winters day :)

Nikon D300
Nikon 24 to 120
ISO 800
1/500. F7.1
Aperture Priority

All comments are appreciated. Thanks !!

denise ippolito
01-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Judy, The sky has such a nice dreamy quality yet the rest is sharp as a pin-Really nice! I love your composition.

D. Robert Franz
01-14-2009, 04:16 PM
You guys cleaned up here... I've never photographed OTT in this kind of weather.. Need to do that. Love the comp here Judy!!

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
01-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Very nice comp Judy, this would be a good candidate for BW

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Thanks Dennis for your comments and I agree with you that this would be a good image in BW. The reason I chose to post it as shown is that it has an almost sepia feel to it which gives it and old antique feel. Either would work and I appreciate your thoughts . Thanks !

Valerio Tarone
01-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Hi JudY It seem to see a scene from a western movie! I like it.

John Blumenkamp
01-15-2009, 02:50 PM
I think the snow gives this ghost town an even more desolate type feel. I agree that B&W would be interesting to see with this one... hope to see more of these Judy. Nice work.

Roman Kurywczak
01-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Hi Judy,
Very nicely composed here with very good seperation between the wagons and the buildings...you know me and the crop tool......so I may go with about 1/2 off the sky......as this makes the wagons even more prominant........but either way......very nice mood and well thought out comp.

Paul Marcellini
01-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Love the atmosphere but I first thought to separate the wagons from the buildings better. They work well as is but I was thinking a nice line of snow to have 2 separate "clumps" of interest. I like it in color because the browns and blues from the mountain complement each other nicely.

Robert Amoruso
01-17-2009, 10:23 AM
This is real nice looking image Judy. I think it will be better (as you presented) as a color image due to the cool tones and cold look they cause contrasted to the warmer look of the structures. I agree with Roman on the cropping. I see what Paul is talking about but I think if you moved left to get his composition the building would be "too" perpendicular to the camera.