PDA

View Full Version : Gharial with Fishes

Ritul
01-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Top view of a Gharial (snout nosed fresh water crocodile) swimming with fishes. This was taken from a high, steep bank on Ramganga River in Corbett NP, India.

Nikon D70s with Nikkor 80-200 F2.8 ED

Pete Woods
01-21-2008, 10:22 AM
How handy having lunch so close. Great capture :)

Ivan Rothman
01-21-2008, 01:59 PM
The composition works nicely. Very interesting seeing these two different species swimming in the same direction in at different levels.

Perhaps some added contrast or selective darkening of the croc and fish would add more impact.

D. Robert Franz
01-21-2008, 05:14 PM
This is a very nce composition. The fish form a triangle which is a strong graphical element anf draws your eye to them. Fortunately the diagonal line formed tby the gharial is strong enogh to attact your eye back to it since it seems to be your main point of interest.. As Ivan mentioned maybe boost the contrast and the color saturation a bit. Well done....

Milo Burcham
01-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Beautiful colors and composition. This is an animal we don't see many pics of and a great perspective. Nice shot

Ritul
01-22-2008, 01:19 AM
Thank you. I have already boosted the saturation and contrast a fair, doing it any further gave a very artificial feel...don't know, maybe its me! Unfortunately, I'm not too good at PS, but will try my hand at selective darkening as suggested by Ivan.

David Steele
01-22-2008, 09:47 AM
A lovely shot of animals in their environment, Ritul. Well worth trying Ivan's suggestions. . . .