PDA

View Full Version : Venice GBH chick waiting for a feeding

Roman Kurywczak
01-13-2009, 10:41 PM
This was taken Sunday morning before I returned to the E coast for my flight home to NJ at the Venice Rookery. As you can see the fog was pretty thick but I felt that it added another component to the image and I concentrated on this particular nest because it had only 1 large chick. They are pretty big for this time of year as in previous years......at this same time frame......they were just eggs or new hatchlings. I have a few dozen images from this series but I chose this one.... a bit wider than what i normally do......to include the sky and fog. My big question is......did I remove too much of the fog/mist??? Levels adjustment knocked it down quite a bit.
Canon Mark 3 with the Sigma 300-800mm lens at 536mm for 1/250 sec at f6.3 at ISO 800 all mounted on tripod with wimberly head.

Fabs Forns
01-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Roman, you know I looooove fog, in the thumbnail it look great, but the real image has too much contrast for my taste, given the situation. Take it with a grain if salt, though, I'm know for low contrast ;)

Axel Hildebrandt
01-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Contrast and fog look good on my monitor, I also like the interaction.

Roman Kurywczak
01-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Roman, you know I looooove fog, in the thumbnail it look great, but the real image has too much contrast for my taste, given the situation. Take it with a grain if salt, though, I'm know for low contrast ;)
Hey Fabs,
I'm leaning towards putting a bit more fog back.....as that is what drew me to the image.
Thanks Axel.......originally I was worried that the scene was too foggy.......so I boosted the contrast quite a bit....not sure I like the darker version more than the "foggier" version......as this one seems more unique.