01-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Canon 5D
100 mm Macro
ISO-400
1/30 sec. at f/7.1

This was an older rose and it's petals started showing that old look

Julie Kenward
01-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Denise this is a home run for me. Beautiful color, very nice composition - love the way we get the front petals nice and crisp while the entire image retains that soft, rosey look. You've got a whole range of tones here from lightest pink to deep magenta - it's really beautiful. Well done!

Ed Cordes
01-13-2009, 08:28 PM
I agree with Jules re the selective focus. I also like the color tones. Unfortunately, I find the bright BG of the UL and LL corners a bit distracting. If these were toned down it would be better to my eye.

Gus Cobos
01-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Lady Denise,
Well composed and executed...the quality and texture of the petals is superb. color rendition and dynamic range does it for me...a big congrats...:):cool:

Ed Vatza
01-14-2009, 06:37 AM
Hi Denise,

Roses always make such good subjects to experiment/practice with. I like what you've done here with the focal point on the petal and the center going oof. I also like the light which seems to radiate through the thin petals. I do agree with Ed about the bright background in the UL and LL corners. (Actually that is one of the reasons I often focus in so tightly on some of my images. I don't like what background has to offer.) Also, it may be my eyes playing tricks on me but it looks like there is a bit of noise in those oof petals toward the center of the flower.

Mike Moats
01-15-2009, 06:01 AM
Hey Denise, agree with other on most points except I like the light in the ULC and the variation of light from the brightr left side to te darker right side, kind of like people portraits when the photographer lights the one side of the face and leaves the other side in the shadows.