PDA

View Full Version : Hopper on Mullein

Steve Canuel
01-12-2009, 10:47 PM
First post in this forum. This was a chance encounter and I felt like experimenting. BG was distant bushes. C/C welcome for possible future experiments :). 40D, 400DO + 1.4xTCII + 25mm ext tube, f7.1, 1/80s, ISO 500, + 1/3 EC, tripod mount, MLU, cable release.

Jerry van Dijk
01-13-2009, 05:01 AM
This is very nice Steve! Nice grasshopper, interesting perch and great background. I also think you made a nice composition with the vertical perch to the left of the frame and some room for the grasshopper on the right. I might have chosen a different angle on the grasshopper, though. If you'd have gotten a perfect 90 degree angle on it, it may stand out better from its perch. Of course I can't judge if you would have gotten into any trouble BG wise or with the light.
Keep 'em coming please!

Mike Moats
01-13-2009, 06:19 AM
Hey Steve, welcome to the macro forum and hope to see more from you. Nice sharp details, and great BG. Good advice from Jerry on the angle.

Julie Kenward
01-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Very nice, Steve. Be careful, though...macro is addicting!

Lovely detail and very nice composition - I especially like the sun shining through at the bottom of his wings. Nicely done!

Aristotle Georgiou
01-14-2009, 05:57 AM
Great shot Steve!

Nice composition, excellent detail and good lighting.

Ed Vatza
01-14-2009, 06:48 AM
Image looks great to me, Steve. The background is superb. The focus is on the grasshopper which looks very sharp while the perch is just a tad soft. Nice contrast to my eye. I do think I would have liked to see the hopper just a very tiny tad higher in the frame but that is just a little nit.