PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for a Fish

Gordon Craig
01-12-2009, 09:41 PM
This is my first submission to the Avian forum. This was taken when the temperature was 23 degress. This Heron had found a patch of water created by a strong current to a man made waterfall. It was shot with a Canon 5D at 560 mm, exposure was 1/350, aperature was F/8, and the ISO was 800. The lens used was a Canon 100-400 with a 1.4 extension. A Nikon polarizer filter was also used.

Ed Cordes
01-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Cool image that sets the mood well. It looks a bit noisy, so a bit of Noise Ninja or Neat Image may help. I do wish the Heron were facing us a little more.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Very nice first post. I like the mood and setting. I wish you would have been a bit further to your right to see more of the head. Noise has been mentioned, there is also a sharpening halo around the bird and I'm wondering about the color of the ice. It looks a bit magenta/purple on my monitor. Keep them coming!

Tony Whitehead
01-13-2009, 03:24 AM
Big welcome, Gordon. I like the mood in this image. Facing away pose is detracting and I agree regarding the colour cast and noise. Looking forward to more of your images.