PDA

View Full Version : Bosque Sunrise

Marina Scarr
01-12-2009, 09:14 PM
The various formations of the geese in the sky I really felt added something special to this picture. Hope you agree.

Canon 40D, 24-105L @ 28mm
F5.6, 1/250, ISO 640, 3 stop graduated ND filter
Gitzo tripod, cropped to panorama

C & C welcome and much appreciated,

Marina

Kaushik Balakumar
01-13-2009, 05:29 AM
A very beautiful image Marina. Love the colours & the birds - both in air & in water. If it were to be mine, I would have cropped off about an inch from the left (even if it meant taking away few flying birds).

Per-Gunnar Ostby
01-13-2009, 05:45 AM
The colour gradation is great - beautiful image

Robert Amoruso
01-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Marina,

I like the different placement of the impoundment tree from other similar images I have seen - nice going there. I agree with Kaushik's comment on the crop to balance the image better for the birds in the FG.

Roman Kurywczak
01-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Hi Marina,
I will agree with the above comments that a bit off the left will better balance the image. Very nicely done on the tones throughout and also with the sepearation of the silhouettes.......and the birds throughout the frame add to the overall appeal of the birdscape. Nicely done.

Bruce Murden
01-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Lovely image - I really like your use of the birds here, and excellent colors. Agree with the crop comments. I would love to see this one printed big.

Ed Cordes
01-13-2009, 08:14 PM
We all agree on the crop. I like the colors and the non classic perspective.

Paul Marcellini
01-13-2009, 10:32 PM
So is every sunset over there like this? =) Great color and I could go either way on the crop mentioned. I think the bit on left of open water keeps the foreground birds from looking like one more layer or line across the image. It lets the eye travel around them. Beautiful scene.

Judd Patterson
01-14-2009, 12:29 AM
The colors combined with those V-formation flocks in the sky really make this image sing. Very nice work capturing a gorgeous sunset! Oh, and I forgot to add that I wouldn't crop from the left...that would create too much uniformity in the foreground for my tastes...I like the extra water.

Marina Scarr
01-14-2009, 08:38 AM
Thank you to you ALL for taking the time to give me your honest opinions. I have considered the picture with and without the crop suggested. I keep leaning toward no crop in this case b/c I like the way my eye takes me with the birds in the sky over the empty water, and the FG doesn't all look the same. Thank you again for your time, Marina

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-19-2009, 07:28 PM
I like it not just for the lovely colors and hive of activity both on ground and in sky, but it really is the flocks of birds in the sky that balance it so well and give it the extra character that makes it so appealing. :)