PDA

View Full Version : Dual monitor software

Mike Tracy
01-12-2009, 06:59 PM
I have used Ultramon for a few years on both a older HP laptop running XP and a pretty new one with Vista with virtually no problems. I recently bought a HP desktop and installed Ultramon beta on that machine. I encountered numerous stability issues and tried the version I have had success with with no luck. I have subsequently uninstalled the program and have a nice 24" monitor that I can't use in conjunction with my "primary" one.

Does anyone have any personal experience with software that will permit me to run multiple monitors with out all these problems I was dealing with ?

Jim Poor
01-12-2009, 07:01 PM
I may be missing something, but I've never needed any additional software to run dual monitors. You should be able to just do it in your video settings.

William Malacarne
01-12-2009, 07:54 PM
You should be able to set if up in your video card. I have an Nvidia card and I go to control panel and click on Nvidea Control Panel and go through the setup there. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your card.

Bill

Maxis Gamez
01-13-2009, 07:17 AM
Mike,

Get yourself a good video card and let it do their job. Prevent some headaches with other software, especially with calibration.

Dug Threewitt
01-13-2009, 08:38 AM
As others said, the video card control panel should take care of it. If you need color management on both, the windows color control panel works great on XP, I'm not sure if it is a default install with Vista or not.

WIlliam Maroldo
01-14-2009, 08:50 PM
I have used dual montitors many years. The only requirement is that the video card supports it, and it doesn't require a high end card. I haven't run into any Nvidia cards that doesn't support it (might be some, but older that 6 years if so)Thats all. Extremely easy to set up. Control panel/Display/Settings and when both monitors are connected you will see them, pick a primary monitor, right-left position, thats about it. In my experience simply open calibration software on the monitor you want to adjust. regards~BILL

John Chardine
01-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Older versions of Windows did not have dual-monitor capability built-in so you had to run special software.

Jim Poor
01-15-2009, 09:05 AM
No special software should be needed on the recently purchased machine.

Mike Tracy
01-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the suggestions and how to go about it.