PDA

View Full Version : Running Coyote-Texas

ChasMcRae
01-10-2009, 05:17 PM
After running cat away Coyote ran through early morning campground in Palo Duro St Park, Texas.

Chas.

Camera Model: Canon EOS 40D
Camera serial number: 1120719490
Firmware: Adobe Photoshop CS4 Windows
Date/Time: 2008:11:16 12:37:19
Shutter speed: 1/500 sec
Aperture: 10
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: -1/3
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 400
Lens: 100 to 400mm
Focal length: 150mm
Subject distance: 17 m
Image size: 800 x 557
Rotation: none
White balance: Auto
Color space: AdobeRGB
Saturation: Normal
Sharpness: Normal
Contrast: Normal

Sabyasachi Patra
01-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Charles,
Good running pose of the coyote. In these sudden encounters it is not always possible to go low, but a lower angle would have been great. Look forward to more.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

D. Robert Franz
01-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Tough light to work with for sure but good detail in coyote... Foot up pose is great. A tighter crop may help as well.. Not bad considering...

Alfred Forns
01-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Good exposure for the back lit situation and did come up with lots of detail. The suggested crop will eliminate the lighter distracting area !!! I like !!

Steve Canuel
01-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Great two-leg up pose and a nice head turn. You did well with the tough light. BG/grasses seem a bit choppy/oversharpened to me but I don't know if its processing or presentation (or me).

ChasMcRae
01-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Gee Steve it must be you !
I see what you are seeing and hard to explain since I did more selective sharpening on the eyes than anything else. May have overdone overall but the coyote body didnt seem to be too bad and tell you the truth I didnt notice background.
Thanks for observation and comments.
More snow pics for you ?and hope we get a snow.
Chas.

Steve Canuel
01-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Gee Steve it must be you !
I see what you are seeing and hard to explain since I did more selective sharpening on the eyes than anything else. May have overdone overall but the coyote body didnt seem to be too bad and tell you the truth I didnt notice background.
Thanks for observation and comments.
More snow pics for you ?and hope we get a snow.
Chas.

Can't rule that out :) Coyote looks good, it was just the grass. No recent snow pics, we're supposed to get into the 50's this weekend! Maybe you can get some snow from the big cold blast.

ChasMcRae
01-17-2009, 12:01 AM
I did a re look and I did oversharpen looking in retrospect at non sharpened pics and I can see it mainly in the fur. I got carried away with the coyote eyes.
COLD here in the south but no SNOW !
Chas.