PDA

View Full Version : Pink Dawn

Don Lacy
01-10-2009, 12:25 PM
I went to Coral Cove this morning on Jupiter Island and was greeted with a wonderful morning.It has been a while since I have attempted any Landscape images so I would be grateful for any and all feedback.

40D, 17-4 f/4, 4s at f/16, Manual Mode, Spot Metered, 2 stop Grad Filter, ISO 100, Raw, Tripod,

Roman Kurywczak
01-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Hey Don,
Too bad I'm leaving Florida tomorrow.....because you have given me a new spot to try out! I really like the long exposure effect in the rocks and I also really like the seperation you achieved in between them. I may take a bit off the top....about a 1/3 down off the larger cloud on the right top.....this creates a nice diagonal comp with the clouds without sacrificing much. Nicely handled all around!

Bruce Murden
01-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Nice job on this image! I like Roman's comp idea to tweak this image, which will also let the clouds be a supporting players for the awesome rocks. And glad to see the 2 stop instead of 3 per Roman's sig! Just enough sky brightness. Lovely!

John Blumenkamp
01-10-2009, 11:47 PM
A beautiful image Don... no nits here. Love how the variation in the clouds mimics the variation of the rocks placement to some degree. Very nice!

Kaushik Balakumar
01-11-2009, 06:45 AM
Beautiful image Don. Love that sky & the blurred water amidst the rocks in FG. Love the details you've got. Very good use of filters.
Might crop a bit form the top to enhance the comp (just a personal preference though).
:)

Mike Lentz
01-11-2009, 03:36 PM
I agree with Roman omn the 1/3 crop. The filter did a fine job getting the ethereal smoky water efferct! Very nice!

Don Lacy
01-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Nice job on this image! I like Roman's comp idea to tweak this image, which will also let the clouds be a supporting players for the awesome rocks. And glad to see the 2 stop instead of 3 per Roman's sig! Just enough sky brightness. Lovely!

Actually the 2 stop grad was only good for about an 1/2 hour after that I was wishing for a three stop:)
Thanks everyone for your comments looks like this one will be heading for the wall.

Robert Amoruso
01-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Don,

Nice work and well composed. The clouds and rocks balance so well. I never knew this park had rocks on the shore. Roman caught that diagonal in the clouds - I missed that so his crop suggestion would be perfect to accentuate that trait.

Took a look at it using Google Earth. Are these the rocks on the south end of the park. I saw some (or at least looks like some) north of the park in front of a tall condo. Is it them?

Looks like they allow driving on the beach. Is that the case?

Don Lacy
01-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Don,

Nice work and well composed. The clouds and rocks balance so well. I never knew this park had rocks on the shore. Roman caught that diagonal in the clouds - I missed that so his crop suggestion would be perfect to accentuate that trait.

Took a look at it using Google Earth. Are these the rocks on the south end of the park. I saw some (or at least looks like some) north of the park in front of a tall condo. Is it them?

Looks like they allow driving on the beach. Is that the case?
Robert, They are on the south end of the park just turn into the parking area make a right and park at the very end of the lot. The gates are normaly open about an hour before sunrise but if there not you can park on the west side of A1A and walk onto the beach. There is no driving on the beach in fact it is a prime Sea Turtle nesting spot.