PDA

View Full Version : Pink Gerbera #3

Ed Vatza
01-10-2009, 10:21 AM
While I have numbered this image as #3 in my Pink Gerbera series here on the BPN Macro and Flora Forum, it really represents where the series began. This was the first of nearly 200 images that I made at the session - well before #1 and #2. I tried to work the subject from many different perspectives. So hopefully you can see the evolution. FWIW, I had one heck of a time getting this image down under 200KB.

Canon 30D w/ remote shutter release; Sigma 150mm Macro lens; Canon 430EX Flash w/LumiQuest Lightbox mounted on a flexible bracket; 60W incandescent lamp; Velbon Ultra-Luxis tripod.

4.0 sec @ f/11; ISO 200; +1 EV; AWB; FEC -1

Bruce Murden
01-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Ed, I like this different perspective/zoom, showing the details of an earlier stage in the bloom. good off-center comp, with all of the center and a ring or two of petal circles complete. Lovely!

Julie Kenward
01-10-2009, 01:39 PM
It is lovely and I hope seeing it posted here means you're feeling better. I can imagine you had trouble getting down beneath the size limit - I often find images like this one are a bear to downsize because every single pixel is stock full of information.

As Bruce stated, it's lovely and, perhaps,even my favorite of the series. The yellow against the fuschia is lovely and the perspective of upclose and in your face really works here because there is enough pattern to hold one's interest. Nicely done my friend!

denise ippolito
01-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Ed, really nice detail! I like the kinda in your face shot you captured here!

Aristotle Georgiou
01-12-2009, 04:19 AM
Nice shot Ed!

I really like the bright colours, patterns and texture to this flower.