PDA

View Full Version : Cow Elk

Mike Robinson
01-09-2009, 11:50 PM
I spent a great deal of time photographing cow and calf elk this fall. This shot was taken in Grand Teton National Park in October. By setting up in the path of the herd as they fed towards us and remaining quiet and still I was able to get some intimate shots. The expression on this old cows face is priceless.
Canon 1DM3, 600f4, Iso 800, f4 @ 1/125, Gitzo

Alfred Forns
01-10-2009, 08:09 AM
It is a priceless expression and were able to obtain with a special bg !!! Just sets up the image so well !!! Big Congrats Patience pays !!!

Julie Kenward
01-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Love the face, Mike! What a great idea for how to approach these animals without them turning on the run. I would suggest a bit or noise reduction on the BG...it might just be the uploading but it looks to be heavy in noise.

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Wow I love the expression you captured in this image Mike . It brought a smile to my face and I wish it were mine. Well done !!!!

Sabyasachi Patra
01-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Mike,
I love this image. The expression is definitely priceless. The eyes, the open mouth and the raised ears all combine to create a superb expression. You had enough dof to cover the nose and eyes. The image is sharp and the low angle makes all the difference.

I agree with you that patience pays. When you sit still, they can come a lot closer. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

D. Robert Franz
01-12-2009, 09:35 AM
A great expression makes the image.....