PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile Anolis Portrait

adcolon
01-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Anolis cuvieri. Cambalache State Forest, Arecibo, Puerto Rico. Canon 30D, Canon 180macro w/extender and 580 Canon Flash w/diffuser. ISO 200, f/16 @ 1/250 sec. The background was too cluttered and close, so I only shot for the lizard with the resulting dark background.

Mike Moats
01-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Hey Alfredo, very cool critter, good details and lighting. Not sure about the level placement of the branch, would like to see it on a slight tilt with the critter looking up. We'll see what other think.

Ed Vatza
01-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Man, does he look like he has had a rough day. I am really taken by the expressiveness of the face.Not something I would expect from an Anolis or anything else related. I could see Mike's point about tilting the camera to move the branch on to more of a diagonal but I think the posture of the critter does make it work as is. Nice. Again, the "expression" really makes this image.

Aristotle Georgiou
01-10-2009, 01:53 AM
Great looking reptile, with nice light and I would agree with the comments made for improvements.

Julie Kenward
01-10-2009, 08:40 AM
I could go either way on the branch. Normally, I'd say what Mike said - that a diagonal line is almost always more interesting than a straight one - but the look on his face rather makes him appear to have drug himself into the frame and then given up...so it does kind of work here!

Good lighting - it's a little bit bright near his face (unless his natural coloring is lighter on the face than the body in which case never mind...)

I really enjoy seeing all these critters I never get to see in my neck of the woods. Keep bringing 'em on!

adcolon
01-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the comments. He was trying to hide by making himself part of the branch.