PDA

View Full Version : Florida Next Week

Joe Campanellie
01-09-2009, 03:08 PM
My wife and I are headed to Florida next week. Leave Thursday for a late Christmas with our kids in Palm Coast. Hope to get by the Space Coast Festival to see what's going on. Then on to Boynton Beach for a portrait seminar. Should have plenty of time for some photography.

Will probably hit the usual spots of Merritt Island and Vierra on the East Coast. Ding, Fort DeSoto, and Esterro on the west coast.

Anyone have any other good suggestions as to some hot spots this time of year. Have never made it as far south as the everglades if anything is happening in that area.

Thanks For Your Help...Joe

Harold Davis
01-09-2009, 03:40 PM
joe, if you are going to be in boynton beach you should check out green cay and wakodahatchee. wako has nesting great blue herons and anhingas. not sure about the action at green cay lately. there's normally always something at both.

Maxis Gamez
01-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Hi Joe,

If you come as far as Ding, I would stop and try to photograph Burrowing Owls. Here is more information.

http://www.********.org/Photographer's_Guide.html

Thanks!

Joe Campanellie
01-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the info. Would like to get by and photograph the borrowing owls. Haven't done that since I took Artie's class some years ago.

Just going to play it by ear with no set agenda. My wife loves trips like that with no set schedule. Always makes me a little nervous when I don't where I'm going to be spending the night.

Maxis Gamez
01-10-2009, 10:33 PM
I understand. Good luck!