01-09-2009, 02:52 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Wildlife/_V2C5205-1.jpg

Technical: Canon 1D Mk3, Canon 500 f/4.0, ISO 400, f/6.3, 1/125, handheld

C&C welcome

Thanks for looking

Tom

Axel Hildebrandt
01-09-2009, 05:53 PM
I like the details and head turn, maybe a bit more room?

Tom Dolezal
01-10-2009, 02:30 AM
I like the details and head turn, maybe a bit more room?

Appreciate your comments Axel - many thanks.

As for a bit more room.....my viewpoint is that the proximity and detail of the look which are the key to this image - by giving more room that proximity is lost and the scene is diluted.

Julie Kenward
01-10-2009, 11:01 AM
It does feel a bit tight in the frame. I wish there was some way you could have cropped this to get the head, chest and antlers without the backside being in the FG. Next time, try taking a step to the right if you possibly can!

Wonderful detail in the fur and antlers...beautifully exposed!

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-10-2009, 02:53 PM
I agree about it feeling a tad tight but love the excellent pose and superb detail. The touch of grass really adds to this image. Many thanks for sharing Tom.

Tom Dolezal
01-11-2009, 02:41 AM
It does feel a bit tight in the frame. I wish there was some way you could have cropped this to get the head, chest and antlers without the backside being in the FG. Next time, try taking a step to the right if you possibly can!

Wonderful detail in the fur and antlers...beautifully exposed!

Appreciate your comments Julie - as mentioned in my earlier reply why I went for a very tight crop. Unfortunately was not able to be any further right due to physical restrictions - I would have been in the river.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
01-11-2009, 02:42 AM
I agree about it feeling a tad tight but love the excellent pose and superb detail. The touch of grass really adds to this image. Many thanks for sharing Tom.

Thanks Judy for your comments which are very much appreciated.

Tom