PDA

View Full Version : Standing Tall

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-09-2009, 09:28 AM
This was a male big horned sheep high up on a ledge along North Fork highway in Wyoming just outside of Cody. He was resting at the time we stopped but then just before we turned to leave he stood up. The coloring of the rocks made for a beautiful setting and we were all thrilled to have had this opportunity.

NikonD3
Nikon 600mm F4
ISO 640
1/640, F7.1
manual

All comments are appreciated. Thanks/

Alfred Forns
01-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Great setting, light and a beautiful animal Might have slid the ram up the frame to the UR corner !!! .... hope to be doing them later this year Judy !!! :)

D. Robert Franz
01-09-2009, 11:03 AM
This was one of my favorite settings we had sheep in the entire trip.. Great light and colors.. I too may have placed him in the right side of the frame but this works as well. I tried many comps on this ram so and they all look pretty good...

Steve Canuel
01-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi Judy,
Nice pose and the details and colors in the rocks look good. Did you try a vertical crop on this one (to just the edge of his horn shadow)? That would remove some of the less detailed/interesting rock/shadow from the URC.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Judy,
This is a lovely setting. I am tempted to crop the shadow area on the right. This looks good as presented as well. I am sure you all had a terrific trip.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Julie Kenward
01-10-2009, 11:05 AM
You've got one of my dream images here, Judy. I've never had the pleasure of seeing one of these guys in person. I agree with Sabyasachi that I would consider cropping or cloning out the dark area in the URC. Everything else is gorgeous...