PDA

View Full Version : Ovenbird

Bryan Erb
01-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Still going thru files from this past spring.

1DmkIIn, 500 4L IS, ISO 640, EV 0, 1/160 @ f5, Natural Light, Tripod, Lightroom 2.0, CS3, Birdjam, Bag Blind, Small crop off right side, and top.

Comments and Critiques welcome

Axel Hildebrandt
01-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Good head angle, details and soft light. I find the vertical branches in the BG a bit distracting.

Rich Williams
01-08-2009, 07:58 PM
One of the best shots of an Ovenbird Ive seen. I cant believe it's not immersed in shadows.

John Chardine
01-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Bryan- I think this is pretty darn nice myself. I love the lighting and colour. Sharpness is perfect and the green BG and log give a good sense of where these birds like to be (agree with Rich though- should be in the dark!). You could subtly blur the BG a bit- Quickmask off the bird and have a go with Gaussian Blur. This is an aimage I will keep coming back to.

Tony Whitehead
01-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Perfect focus and lovely soft light. BG is lovely but I would probably try and lighten or blur the vertical dark twigs. Does the Birdjam in the techs mean you called this into range? (I don't have an issue with that - just interested)

Raymond Barlow
01-08-2009, 09:10 PM
an excellent shot Bryan, all good to me.

Bryan Erb
01-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Perfect focus and lovely soft light. BG is lovely but I would probably try and lighten or blur the vertical dark twigs. Does the Birdjam in the techs mean you called this into range? (I don't have an issue with that - just interested)

Yes he was called into range. I hadn't heard any calling so I pulled out my Ipod to see if I could encourage some to call, so I could easier locate them, and this bird practically landed at my feet. I wasn't set up yet, but he stayed in the area and I was able to work with him for quite a while. Next time I'll set up first :)

Stu Bowie
01-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Nice and sharp, and love the light in this. Well captured Bryan.

Juan Carlos Vindas
01-09-2009, 01:49 PM
I like this image very much, the sharpness you got on the bird and perch are fantastic.
This is my version, yes, may be too much PS.

Paul Lagasi
01-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Bryan..I got lots of shots of this bird but none where the bird is out in the open and so sharp...they never seem to stop moving...would love to have this one myself...good job...Paul