PDA

View Full Version : Another wolf

Todd Frost
01-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Here is another one of the agate pack from Yellowstone.
D300, 80-400vr @400, f6.3, 1/160, iso400, awb. Cropped from horizontal.

Thanks for looking, comments and critiques appreciated.

Todd

Fabs Forns
01-07-2009, 03:24 PM
I am extremely jealous!!!
We could only see the tracks, of course, we were just there two days...
We heard them though, gives you goose bumps.
Well done and I love the inclusion of the habitat.

D. Robert Franz
01-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Nice habitat shot for sure. Wolf a bit rough looking.. They like all the canines look so much better in the winter.. I may have liked the wolf on the right side of the frrame given the direction he's looking but works this way as well.

Michael Lloyd
01-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Nicely done. I agree with Robert but also thing this image works well. One of these days I will get to Yellowstone...

Sabyasachi Patra
01-08-2009, 05:38 AM
I may have liked the wolf on the right side of the frrame given the direction he's looking but works this way as well.

I agree. However, I have missed action trying to place either in the right or left. At times it becomes difficult photographing an elusive species in the composition you want. But that is the challenge of photography. I like the inclusion of habitat. I am sure it would have been lovely watching those. Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-09-2009, 08:46 AM
How I would love to have had such an opportunity. They are gorgeous and you captured the beauty of this animal so well, especially the eyes. Lovely work Todd and many thanks for sharing.

Alfred Forns
01-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Fine looking wolf Todd !!! A treat just being able to photograph one !!! Big Congrats !!! I like the framing a lot !!

Grady Weed
01-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Seeing a wild wolf is a spectacular moment and last a lifetime. Taking an image of one is even better. Making a good one is an accomplishment. You did well on all accounts. I like the shaggy coat. It adds to the image.

Steve Canuel
01-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Hi Todd,
I like how you've sandwiched him between the sagebrush layers. The color tones looks good together. I'd like to see the horizontal version as well to accentuate the layers and maybe give him more space on the viewer's left.