PDA

View Full Version : Our new kitties

Josh O'Donnell
01-20-2008, 09:57 PM
My better half and I decided that our house was too clean and that our furniture was too nice, so we decided to adopt a couple kittens to make sure that all changes... We adopted them from the local Humane Society yesterday, they are about 4.5 months old and are litter mates. Roscoe is the male (laying on floor) and Peaches is the female. They are so incredibly sweet and in only 24 hours they have completely made themselves at home in our house. They're still a little skittish when we make sudden movements or when there's a loud noise but for the most part you'd never guess they've only been here a day. I tied a feathered toy onto one of my fishing rods and they LOVE it... I was trying to get some good CIF shots but I decided to post this one b/c they're both in it (sorry Roscoe, didn't mean to cut you in half).

http://www.joshodonnell.com/cat.jpg

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Life will never be the same Josh. And It was great to know that you got these two little beauties from the humae society. They are two very lucky little kittens !! Great action in this image and many thanks for sharing it with us Josh !!

Paul Davey
01-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Wow! Until I saw the hanging toy up the top I thought Peaches had otherwise harmful intentions ;). Again, great action shot and nice sharp kitten.

Paul

Alfred Forns
01-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Josh they do look like they been there for ever !!!!!! Nothing like kittens !!!!

Josh O'Donnell
01-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Here's another from today, I couldn't resist....
http://www.joshodonnell.com/cat1.jpg

Jay Tan
01-21-2008, 10:52 PM
They are such sweeties! I have one too and cats are really a bundle of joy. Full of character! Have fun!

Maxis Gamez
01-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Hey Josh,

Very cute man... but.... why cats?? LOL :)

Lana Hays
01-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Josh
You're blessed to be adopted. I currently have 3 cats who have adopted me. I really like the image with them on the couch....it looks like a fine piece of art......I'd print that and put it on the wall. Get a little kitty "laser pointer" at the pet store.....they'll have a ball chasing the light.

Josh O'Donnell
01-24-2008, 08:19 AM
Josh
You're blessed to be adopted. I currently have 3 cats who have adopted me. I really like the image with them on the couch....it looks like a fine piece of art......I'd print that and put it on the wall. Get a little kitty "laser pointer" at the pet store.....they'll have a ball chasing the light.

Thanks Lana! We do feel blessed, they are great little kitties. They're currently both sick with a upper respiratory infection but I hear that's kinda the norm for cats that come from a rescue kennel. Hopefully they'll stop sneezing soon, they saw the vet yesterday and he told us there's not much that can be done since it's viral.

The laser pointer is one of the first toys I bought and they do love it! Actually the laser pointer is how I got them to start using the scratching post that I bought for them.... Had them running around chasing the light and I ran the light up on the post... Sure enough, they jumped up on it, discovered that it felt good to dig their claws into it, and have been going back ever since :D Our other furniture is very thankful.

Lana Hays
01-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Josh
I remember one of my cats going through the "sneezy" stage in the beginning. Glad you had them checked out by a vet just in case. Another fun "toy" is to get a fuzzy little mouse that can be opened up to place catnip inside. Get one for each or they might actually get in a fight over it. You'll have as good a time watching and laughing as they will playing.

Blake Shadle
01-30-2008, 10:30 PM
They look incredible! Nice shots. When are we going out in the field??? Desoto? Lettuce Lake? Let me know. ;)

Blake

Amy DeStefanis
02-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Hi Josh,

I saw your reply in my "Introduction Thread", and came to see your kitties, too. Yes - they are so much like Walter! We also have Bella, whom we adopted from the Tampa Humane Society. I'm sure you'll be seeing pictures of her here too - she's a beautiful long-hair calico with a bow-tie mustache, but she's not quite as cooperative when the camera is out.

Ours are well beyond the kitten stage, but they still manage to get the "crazies" at about 4am. When they weigh 14 - 15 pounds, they can raise quite a ruckus chasing each other through the house!

Congratulations!