PDA

View Full Version : Reddish Egret 1st time posting

Linda Holloway
01-05-2009, 09:52 PM
I was on the IPTSWF with Artie at the Little Estero Lagoon. It was a foggy day.
Canon EOS Rebel XTi
Lens- EF 100-400 5.6L IS USM
Exposure 1/500 sec at f/4.5
Focal length 115mm
ISO 800
Flash did fire

I used PSCS3. I worked with levels and curves. Please critique. All comments are welcome.

This beautiful reddish egret caught everybody's eye.

Thanks,
Linda Holloway

Gail Spitler
01-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Striking bird - nice pose, good exposure, sharp details, and there is a hint of motion. Well done.
Maybe getting level with the bird would have made a difference, but that advice doesn't help with this image which I like very much.
Looking forward to more.
Gail

Gus Cobos
01-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi Linda,
Welcome to the BPN family,
I like the capture...you have good details and good color rendition...a few points to think about; the subject is too centered in frame, you need to off center him, by cropping from the right side of the frame about 1/4, and adding canvas to the left side of the frame; would also add more to the bottom of the frame to give a tad more room to the virtual feet; and take off just a tad from the top...also for your next one, I would like to see a much lower capture angle if possible...once again welcome to the family...:):cool:

denise ippolito
01-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Linda, Welcome! Great first post, the eye looks a little soft but you seem to have gotten nice details on the feathers, nice pose and getting your subject out of the middle and more to the right would help this composition! (as Gus has said)Again welcome and hope to see more of your great shots!!

Alfred Forns
01-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Hi Linda Big Warm Welcome !!! Glad you posted this beauty !!

Main thing is the bird placement, point the camera down and left !!! I like it a lot !!! Lagoon sure was fun :)

Linda Holloway
01-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks for all the comments. I will crop a little to get him out of the center. What about the background? Should I change it at all?

Linda