PDA

View Full Version : Desire #1

Ed Vatza
01-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Now for something completely different...

Along with the Pink Gerbera, I also brought home a vibrant orange rose - orange on the inside of the petals and yellow on the outside. Orange roses signify "desire". As I studied this flower, I just kept seeing abstract compositions. So that's the direction that I pursued. Orange, by the way, is my favorite color.

Canon 30D w/ remote shutter release; Sigma 150mm Macro lens; Canon 430EX Flash w/LumiQuest Lightbox mounted on a flexible bracket; 60W incandescent lamp; Velbon Ultra-Luxis tripod.

1/4 sec @ f/5.6; ISO 200; +2 EV; AWB; FEC -1

Mike Moats
01-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Hey Ed, I like the nice soft look. great color and like the slight highlight on the focused petal.

denise ippolito
01-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Ed, The colors are gorgeous! I love the focused section alot and would prob. crop out the OOF front area if it were mine, that said it is yours and you have a diff. take on things and I respect that so- Well done!! The color rocks!!

Bogdan Coltea
01-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Great composition & colors and absolutely love the lighting.

PS: I like very much the quote in your signature (Shakespeare is indeed immortal)

Jerry van Dijk
01-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Hi Ed, nothing to add to the above expect that it shows that orange is your favorite color. Great work!

Julie Kenward
01-06-2009, 07:30 PM
The colors ARE gorgeous but the shadows and light are what makes this one so special. I love the play of the light between the petals - it's perfect! Nice, soft silhouette and the oranges are dreamy and smooth. I think you've got just enough DOF to keep the eye coming back for more.

Ed Vatza
01-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Thanks folks. I appreciate all the critiques. I am get more comfortable with abstract images but it is good to hear that they are working for other folks as well. This is definitely a favorite of mine. Maybe because of the orange :D or maybe because it has a certain ethereal quality. I particularly like the way the petals fade away from the in-focus petal in almost wispy fashion.

Again thank you all.

Ramon M. Casares
01-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Love it, I just saw it and didnīt want to let the chance to comment on how much I like it, colors, detail, softness, mood, all is very very nice! Congratulations!