PDA

View Full Version : Resplendent Quetzal

rquesada
01-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Taken in Coban Mountains in Guatemala. Lens 600 f4 IS and Teleconverter 1.x4 Camera EOS 400d. Caught the Arbonia Lizard and fed it to its chicks inside the nest. Wild bird.

Thank you for your time!

Art Kornienko
01-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Rather nice hunting shot. Body colours seem a bit washed out and too bad about the branch in front of the body, but other than that quite a nice action shot. Reflection in the eye is nice. Quite a colourful bird.

Doug Brown
01-05-2009, 07:36 PM
I've never seen a Quetzal eat a lizard. Nice sharpness and BG too. The branches present some distractions. I invested a little time to take this very cool photo to the next level. Hope you like it.

rquesada
01-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Thank you for your kind comments and for the beautiful work, Doug. I did try to remove all the branches but the one over the feathers. It really improves the image. Thank you for your time, I will definetively make these changes on the orginal image.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Great moment captured and Doug's repost makes a big difference. I would add some space top and right.

John Chardine
01-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Absolutely stunning bird and stunning image. Doug's repost is excellent. Love the detail in the face which you don't see that often because the whole bird including the tail is portrayed, and the face ends up being a small part of the image.

That's real green pigment in the feathers BTW! Not many birds have it (greens are usually structural).

Glenn Bartley
01-06-2009, 06:58 AM
WOW! I have never seen one eating anything but aguacactillo (sp?) fruits. Amazing capture.

Greg Basco
01-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Rafeal, que momento mas increible! And nice job on the exposure and sharpness. Doug's repost is a great improvement. It's so cool to see a quetzal with something different in its mouth. I believe the common name in English is "highland alligator lizard."

Cheers from Costa Rica,
Greg Basco

Juan Carlos Vindas
01-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Hola Roberto. Great image in all respects, love the very fine details you captured here. Light and as mentioned above, seen this guy eating something different makes this image for me! Muy buen trabajo!

Juan Aragonés
01-07-2009, 04:16 AM
Soberbia imagen Rafael. Some years ago I spend a couple of days in Cobán and visited the Biotopo Quetzal protected area. Amazing place to go!
The repost made by Doug is very good and I like it a lot, specially the fine details in the eye. The lizard in the beak is a fantastic bonus. Can´t wait to see more of your work. keep them coming

rquesada
01-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Gracias a todos por sus amables comentarios, solo que mi nombre es Roberto y no Rafael :-) Saludos Cordiales,

Juan Aragonés
01-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Roberto mil disculpas por el error con el nombre :o creo que se debió a que tu imagen del quetzal es tan buena que nadie se detuvo a mirar bien el nombre del autor ;)

Gracias a todos por sus amables comentarios, solo que mi nombre es Roberto y no Rafael :-) Saludos Cordiales,