View Full Version : Front Door View

denise ippolito
01-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Canon 5D
24-105mm
ISO 400
1/320 SEC. AT F/5.0
HH

It snowed for about 2hrs. I took this from my front door, I would like to keep it so any advice please feel free!
PS -I know there is no strong focal point

Roman Kurywczak
01-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey Denise,
Man....I'm missing snow!!!.....somehow I'll survive down in Fla. Just a crop.......I would fill in the area where your signiture is with some ground snow......but the trunks and pano work for me. That's where you see most of the falling snow! Now the fence becomes the center of interest along with what looks like a path. Whadayathink?

Judd Patterson
01-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Great looking scene with the snow flying through the air. I really like the crop presented by Roman. By losing the smallest branches and lightest part of the sky you can really focus in on the flying snow, fence, etc. What about the road itself? I don't know if it is straight or curved, where it leads, etc., but in conditions like this there is quite a lot of potential with strong leading lines from roads.

denise ippolito
01-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Roman, I like it! Thankyou
Judd, Thankyou for your help

Rob Mckenzie
01-05-2009, 10:27 PM
I really like the shot. The fact that it is out of your front door is awesome. The re-post definitely makes the diagonal line of the fence a great focal point.
The shot makes me want to walk into the scene right along the line of the fence and through the trees.

Robert Amoruso
01-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Denise,

I think Roman's crop accentuates the strongest parts of the image. When I first looked at it, it was this strip that I liked most. The cropping at the bottom bothers me as the road is cut haphazardly in the middle of the frame. I agree with Roman's suggestion to clone in some snow covered grass there. Including more of the road so it anchored the complete lower edge would be the way to go from the position you made this image.

denise ippolito
01-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Robert,Thanks -I never even thought to include my driveway as an element. If it snows again I'll retry. I love trees and all their lines I seem to focus on the trees

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Very lovely Denise and I like Romans cropping suggestion. Look forward to seeing more Denise.

Fabs Forns
01-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I love the crop and Roman suggestion for adding snow to the road. Very pretty!

Bruce Murden
01-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Your seeing keeps getting better. The pano crop really strenghtens this image for me, tells a better story, and makes the contrast appear better (without changing it) by cutting out the brighter gray sky. Hints like that will get you looking at your post work -- and then at your framing in the field -- differently, giving you more and better options.