PDA

View Full Version : Aspens Of Wyoming

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-05-2009, 12:54 PM
This was taken out in Wyoming just after a snow. Wyoming is just beautiful and I hope this portrays a little of the beauty we experienced while driving through the state.

NikonD300
Nikon 24 to 120mm
ISO 1000
1/640, F 7.1
manual

All comments are appreciated.

Roman Kurywczak
01-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Hi Judy,
It was great meeting you today. Always nice to put the face with the actual person and you were as nice in person as you come across on BPN.
Normally, I like to see the edges of trees without clipping......but in this case they act more as a framing element that the central focus point.....as the distant evergreen draws my eye into the scene. Love the layers of the distant peak also and you minimized the sky nicely. I love the falling snow and am sure it would come across better on a larger version. Very nice mood and comp...well done!

denise ippolito
01-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Judy, Really nice color tones, has a real sense of Wyoming! I love the Aspens

Robert Amoruso
01-06-2009, 08:08 AM
I think this works out well Judy. Nice sense of depth in the image due to the different colors at the FG, MG and BG. The snow renders depth by creating muted tones and details the further into the BG you go.

Fabs Forns
01-06-2009, 01:27 PM
I love the color palette and snow falling. It was great to be there, you captured the essence of the landscape.