PDA

View Full Version : Rolling hills

Sabyasachi Patra
01-05-2009, 12:19 PM
I was in Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary in India. It was 31st of December and the sun was about to set. I had parked my vehicle to enjoy the sunset and reflecting on the year coming to an end. There was an alarm call on the opposite hill indicating the presence of a tiger or leopard. The sloping hills and shola forests were glowing in the sunlight. The sky didn't look very exciting but I thought of capturing it.

EOS 50D, EF 28-135 at 28 mm, f9, 1/50, full frame, minor corrections in lightroom 2.2

ISO 800 (yes ISO 800. Just can't recollect why I selected ISO 800. I swear I was not in an inebriated state at that time). Look forward to your comments and also suggestions on a title.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roman Kurywczak
01-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Hey Sabyasachi,
I like the lines you have presented in the FG leading our eyes down the path through the image. I was originally going to recommend adding contrast......but this often minimizes haze or fog.....and I find that important in this image. My only recommendation is to further minimize the sky....cutting it in 1/2 (middle of left side) as this will further emphasize the rolling hills. Try it using the browser crop......this will give you a better idea on how it will affect the image. I still like it as presented.

Robert Amoruso
01-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Sabyasachi,

I agree with Roman's crop suggestion. You did well composing the image to create leading lines into and through the image.

I would suggest some local contrast enhancement to bring up the background contrast some. See my tutorial at http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20434 for more into.

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Good suggestions from above. Love the beautiful lighting and lines in this capture. The eye is taken back to the furthest corner of this image. Beautiful work !!!