PDA

View Full Version : CS2 image resize question.

Daniel Cadieux
01-05-2009, 11:48 AM
I've just recently upgraded form CS to CS2. The first images I've processed since this upgrade look quite different once I've resized for web. The colours are slightly off, saturation and contrast are quite diminished, and the images have alot less "pop" once resized. Never had this problem with CS. I'm sure its a simple user "error", perhaps an easy setting to adjust or modify, but I'm at odds at how to correct this. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

David Thomasson
01-05-2009, 02:43 PM
It sounds like a color profile issue. What profile is embedded in the images initially, and what profile after resizing? If they're saved with aRGB embedded, they'll typically look dull and lifeless. Make sure you're using sRGB for the web.

Check your color settings. Photoshop could be converting to a different profile without your being aware of it.

John Chardine
01-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Daniel- Not sure what platform you are using but I had the same problem with Save for Web on a Mac. I found this web page:

http://www.gballard.net/psd/saveforwebshift.html

which I found very useful. I changed my monitor gamma from 1.8 to 2.2 and the problem went away. Not sure why you are only just seeing this with CS2.

Daniel Cadieux
01-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks David and John. When I switched to CS2 the colour profiles were defaulted to aRGB when resizing for web (I thought it would have kept the same profiles as the previously installed CS). Switched it and now everything in the world seems great and colourful again :-)