PDA

View Full Version : White Pelicans at Placida

Rene A
01-05-2009, 11:36 AM
The White Pelicans are back at Placida (Englewood) at the Fishery Restaurant.

There is a pier next to the restaurant and the late afternoon is good light

From the water by boat GPS 26 .47.417 X 082.14.603 Pelican Island

Maxis Gamez
01-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Hi Renate,

Thank you for the update!!

Nice to see you posting. We appreciated.

Take care!!

Fabs Forns
01-05-2009, 12:10 PM
This is what they look like from Grande Tours boat. 7 image stitched panorama.

With Artie's IPT last week.

Thanks, Renate.

Rene A
01-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Looks like late afternoon???

Was that taken during their Sunset tour????

Some brave friends have also rented kayaks from Grand Tours and taken a short version of that tour:)

Fabs Forns
01-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Looks like late afternoon???

Was that taken during their Sunset tour????

Some brave friends have also rented kayaks from Grand Tours and taken a short version of that tour:)

Yes, we went out on the late afternoon. Artie hires the boat for the IPT, so I don't know if it is the usual route, I suppose it is. Amazing ride, though. You can call them and ask them if they go by the sand bank on the Sunset cruise.

Alfred Forns
01-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Its easy to arrange a cruise of your own, I'm sure with three or four would be affordable.

A must trip and great experience, I've been going out with them for more than five years. This last trip we had incredible light and lots of birds !!!

Rene A
01-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the info..

We where at Placida with 2 boats just before Christmas..but it was earlier during the day because we started out in Charlotte Harbor and Had to be get back before dark..that's why we are considering starting in Placida and ending there..otherwise we might be getting lost at high sea:)

I will call Capt. Marian and see what they charge these days for a 2 hrs private sunset tour on their 4-6 person deckboat

Alfred Forns
01-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Renate with the pontoon boats you are fairly stable since they beach them in shallow water. Best way to go after the pelicans, I think they stay around till mid April.