PDA

View Full Version : Lower Tahquamenon Falls in Winter

Bruce Murden
01-04-2009, 11:32 PM
The waterfalls in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (USA) are among my favorite subjects. Tahquamenon Falls is easy to reach, about an hour from the Mackinaw Bridge that joins the Upper and Lower Peninsulas. This log must have jammed itself well into the rocks at the edge of this portion of the river (upstream from the main Lower Falls).

Nikon D80, Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 @ 22mm, f/22, 1 sec, ISO 100, tripod, light snow, warm boots.

Roman Kurywczak
01-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Hey Bruce,
The feel of this one is just super for me. I like the little bit of snowbank on the LR and the evergreens with snow on the left really form a great framing element. I also like the way you minimized the far shoreline....as it could have been distracting but you handled it perfectly. the final piece for me is the log and falls in the middle ground......just stunning. Frame it ...hang it....great job!

denise ippolito
01-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Bruce, This is really,really nice The color tones are great,I like the milky flow of the water with the snow covered branch hanging over it!

Robert Amoruso
01-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Bruce,

Agree with the above comments and the reasons why. I think the FG right log is a great piece of luck as it is the perfect compositional balancing element that makes a great image that much better.

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Lovely image in all respects as mentioned above !!! Thanks for sharing Bruce.