PDA

View Full Version : Buddy

Jackie Schuknecht
01-04-2009, 09:50 PM
I have three female cats. This is the newest addition. I call him Buddy. Buddy was outside, but now is inside. He loves to chase the ladies and terrorize them a bit. Buddy comes and goes when he likes. Not sure what to do with Buddy but will probably have to decide in the spring whether to put him up for adoption or not.
Was playing around with the camera yesterday and he was quite interested by everything especially the beeping of the self timer. This is Buddy at repose on the leather couch:)

Alfred Forns
01-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Looks just like my Angie Cat !!!! Beautiful .... I think it will stay :) Just look at that sweet face !!!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
01-05-2009, 03:39 AM
Jackie - keep him - he'll do those girls the world of good!!! :eek:
Regards,
Nicki

denise ippolito
01-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Jackie, He looks beautiful!! I love his eyes, I also like your name with the sketch!!!

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Jackie this is one beautiful kitty and the eyes are just awesome. Love the close crop on this one and I have a feeling he is going to win your heart. Thanks for sharing buddy with us. :)

Gus Cobos
01-05-2009, 11:30 AM
My vote to keep the frisky fellow...:eek: Love the eyes...:D:cool:

Julie Kenward
01-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Yup, I think you just took on cat #3...

He's a beauty, though. Those eyes will win over the ladies in no time.

Bruce Gove
01-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Jackie - no way you'll be able to give him up once you've had him for, or lets say a few days!!! My wife and I agreed to foster a really young kitten a few years back. We fell in love with him almost immediately!!! I have a new "Buddy" myself. He's a 20 week old Border Collie - we've had him since he was 9 weeks, and although he is more than we bargained for, we're madly in love we him. We upped the ante slightly by bringing him into our home with other 3 cats and 2 dogs!! We haven't slept past 0530 since we got him... I'll post an image of him soon. I like those eyes on your Buddy!!

Cheers,
Bruce

Amy DeStefanis
01-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Hi Jackie, Yes, it's hard to take a male outdoor cat and bring him indoors! I'm sure he'll have to have outdoor access in order to be compatible. We once adopted a male cat who had been brought indoors and de-clawed as an adult male by his previous owners, but he was really too old to be neutered and declawed, and couldn't adapt to being indoors. Without claws, he couldn't be an outdoor cat, either.

He howled relentlessly in the night, and hid during the day. After taking him to our vet to verify that we'd been given inaccurate information about his age and maturity when he was neutered, we had to make the heartbreaking decision to return him to the ASPCA.

Anyone deciding to declaw an animal is making a commitment to caring for that animal for life.

I hope he fits in to your household, and you can keep him!

Amy D.

Jackie Schuknecht
01-18-2009, 04:38 PM
I have decided to keep Buddy. He has won me over. We were going for his shots yesterday and he braced himself underneath the seat for about six hours. Poor little guy was terrified. Next time it will be the cat carrier. Also crown jewels need removal, but I haven't told him that part yet:)
Now up to four kitties!!!!